· 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (1-inch cubes)
· 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
· 1/2 medium onion, chopped
· 1/2 cup fat-free broth (chicken or vegetable)
· 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· Dash cayenne pepper
· Salt and black pepper, to taste
Sauté onion with olive oil in a pan over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until translucent.
Add bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
Add squash and stir. Raise heat to medium and add all spices. Mix well.
Cook for about 7 minutes, until squash starts to soften.
Raise heat to high and add broth. Bring to a boil. After 30 seconds of boiling, reduce heat to low.
Simmer until broth evaporates, stirring often.
Cover pan and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until squash is tender. Eat up!